Chicken curry is a very popular nepali meat food reciepie. It is eaten mostly in daily at home and during the festivals and different occasions this dish is very popular. Chicken,the whi is a rich source of protein and other varieties of minerals and vitamins. It is also one of the safest meats to consume with least side effects. Curry spices and other ingredients in it has profound health benefits, the most benefit comes from turmeric powder which says that it suppress different types of cancers and plays role as antibiotics .
so here is the making of nepali chicken curry..
Serving size: for four people
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 Pound chicken meat
- 1 cup red onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cup fresh red tomatoes (finely chopped into cubes)
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek Seeds (Methi)
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese Pepper (Timur)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4-5 cloves
- 1-2 bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly prepared garlic and ginger paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 green serrano peppers (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 cup water
Salt – to taste
First of all put the pressure cooker or a cooking pot over the stove in a medium heat.
- Pour 3 tablespoon mustard oil or olive oil in the cooking pot.
- After oil is heated enough, put fenugeek seed until it turns reddish brown. Put turmeric powder, and cinnamon stick, bay leaves and cloves and stir for 20-30 seconds.
- After that put onions and Serrano peppers in there and fry until golden brown. During this time, rinse the meat in cold water and set it aside.
- After onion turns golden brown, add all the chicken meat in the pot and stir it gently. Put the heat on medium low and stir occasionally for 10 minutes until it turns brownish.
- Now add tomatoes and put all the remaining spices that include cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, black peppers, ginger and garlic paste, Chinese pepper and red chilli powder on top of the tomatoes. Now bring the heat to low and cover the pot with its lid/tops.
- Allow the meat to cook in this heat for about 30-45 minutes.
- Be careful to cook is in very low heat for long about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, stir all the meat and ingredients and add cup of water and salt.
- Let it simmer for another 8 minutes until it gives gravy of spices and tomatoes on the pot.
- After it is cooked sprinkle green cilantro over the top.
- Now, the chicken curry is ready to serve